reopening of the oman airport and new standards
- Author- Mansi
- Publish Date-
Citizens should use prudence when making travel-related decisions, keeping in mind their general health, their vaccination status, and the possibility of testing positive for COVID-19 while abroad. Anyone thinking about travelling abroad should be aware that limitations can change quickly and that new ones might be imposed by the country you plan to visit, even while you are there. Oman has lifted all the restrictions, and you can easily fly to Oman, but certain norms are to be followed.
Are Airports Still Open In Oman
- Visas are given out by Oman. Travellers who meet the requirements can now register online for an electronic Oman visa. Tourists with valid visas who satisfy the most recent COVID-19 entrance standards are welcome to visit Oman.
- In order to obtain a tourist visa or business visa, citizens who are ineligible for an Oman electronic visa must get in touch with an Oman diplomatic mission in their home country.
- Keep up with the most recent Oman visa regulations and travel limitations if you plan to travel in 2022.
Documents You Need To Have For Visiting Oman
- Passport-sized pictures- at least 2 photographs.
- Confirmed flight tickets- Hard copy of your flight tickets.
- Bank statement- Bank records for the last 6 months.
- Proof of stay- Your complete travel itinerary should be ready.
- Debit or credit card for payment- Oman accepts most countries' Debit/credit cards.
- Valid email address- This is to confirm your identity.
- Valid Passport- Passport having 6 months of validity.
Countries That Are On Oman Travel Ban List
- There are no country-specific travel restrictions in force for visitors to Oman of any nationality. A temporary entry prohibition that was put in place for regions impacted by the Omicron variant has already been lifted.
- Travellers who are unvaccinated must show documentation of a medical condition that prevents them from receiving vaccinations. Without a vaccination record or a medical exemption, foreign nationals are not permitted to enter Oman.
READ ALSO: ESSENTIAL LEGAL INFORMATION FOR OMAN
Govt Measures In Regard Of Covid-19
Oman lifted its remaining COVID-19 restrictions on May 22, 2022. To prevent subsequent outbreaks, preventative health measures including frequent hand washing and social seclusion are suggested in addition to safety precautions. We advise following governmental regulations at all times while travelling.
Use of masks
Face masks are to be compulsorily worn but should not be used as a measure for social distancing. Masks like N-95 are preferred to be used.
Restaurants will function as usual.
Bars will open as usual. Timings can fluctuate.
Shops will open but will have to follow strict guidelines which include hand sanitiser and also the social distancing norms.
READ ALSO: PACKING LIST FOR A TRIP TO OMAN
Return Journey From Oman Guidelines
Vaccinations and vaccinated travel
Travellers are exempt from the pre-departure testing requirements if they have a current certificate for complete vaccination against COVID-19 that was issued in a specific country. Exemptions from vaccinations are only valid if the entire dose and certificate were issued in the country of departure or another particular nation.
Test/medical certificate required
Non-immunized travellers must present documentation of a recent-situ RT-PCR test that was negative at the time of departure.
Testing on arrival
At the airport, random COVID-19 testing is required on all visitors.
Visa Cancellation Policy
Once you've completed the application for a tourist visa, it cannot be cancelled. However, in the event of an employment visa, it is necessary for the individual to revoke his current authorization, either online or at the local embassy. According to Oman's new legislation, a person must revoke his current visa in order to travel to or enter Oman's territory again. If you don't, you risk being permanently barred from applying for an Oman visa.
READ ALSO: SOME FAMOUS OMAN FESTIVALS TO NOT MISS
Places You Should Definitely Visit In Oman
The Musandam Peninsula is known for its breathtaking beauty, which has the Hajar Mountains' rugged peaks rising from the blue sea and leaving narrow inlets of water in between—a scene that has been compared to Norway's fjords.
The greatest way to enjoy the Musandam Peninsula, visit islands, and see a dolphin or whale in these waters is on a boat ride aboard a traditional dhow (wooden boat). From the village of Khasab, you may plan boat tours, snorkelling excursions, and 4WD mountain safaris to Jebel Harim. Other towns, wadis, and fjord-like inlets, including Khor Najd, are available for exploration if you have more time.
A visit to the desert is a must on any vacation to Oman. At Sharqiya Sands, also known as the Wahiba Sands locally, you are surrounded by undulating dunes and desert plants in a scene that seems endless and, when the sun is low in the sky, appears to have been handcrafted from gold. The famed Empty Quarter, one of the largest sand deserts in the world, is reached via these wind-sculpted dunes, some of which reach heights of 100 meters (328 feet).
READ ALSO: WATCH OUT FOR NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN OMAN
In this blog, we discussed the travel restrictions to Oman and the new norms that have been implemented. If you wish to get your Oman visa go to Oman IE visa. We provide you with the best visa services.