how can german citizens get an omani visa
- Author- Vijaya
- Publish Date-
Today thousands of Germans are flying to Oman, as per the reports around 30,000 Germans flew to the gulf country till May 2022. If you are also planning to visit the beautiful country then you might have some questions in your mind, especially regarding the visa requirements for German citizens. If you are looking to get the necessary guidance about the Oman visa application for Germans flying to Oman and the related topics then you are on the right page.
In the article, we will be addressing the visa requirements and eligibility for an Oman Visa for German citizens and the best way to apply for an Oman Visa. We will also share light on the relationship between the two nations.
Relations Between Oman and Germany
Germany and Oman have been sharing a good relationship for half a century, since the establishment of cultural ties in 1972. The two countries are not well established just on political and diplomatic grounds, the residents of the countries also respect and admire each other.
The Partner For Future
Oman is taking every measure to shift its economy from the traditional oil sector to more diverse sectors. As a step to lead the gulf countries' fight against climate change, Oman is investing heavily in renewable power sources and Germany is standing by the side of Oman in this transition. The countries are together working on hydrogen and other renewable energy mediums to lead the way in the fight against climate change.
The countries are also working on many plans and making their trading ties stronger with each passing day.
Strong Cultural Ties
Beyond the diplomatic, economic, and political ties, the two countries have been steady partners in culture and education. The German-Omani association founded in 1992 has been working on developing cooperation in culture, science & technology, academia, and sports.
WHY MORE GERMANS ARE VISITING OMAN
Today more and more Germans are flying to Oman and applying for an Oman visa. But what is the reason for this hike and what is motivating Germans to visit the Gulf country? The two most clear reasons are tourism and Business opportunities in the country.
Oman has become a travel destination for explorers around the world and Germans are no exception. The country provides amazing hospitality and has blended its culture into its modern life. All this draws millions of tourists to this amazing country.
Oman has become a great market for nog just renowned and established German conglomerates like DHL, Siemens, etc, but has also provided opportunities to small and medium German businesses to establish themselves in the country.
Today many small and medium German businesses are running successfully in Oman with their Omani partners.
READ ALSO: HOW IS OMAN DIVERSIFYING ITS ECONOMY
OMAN VISA APPLICATION FOR GERMAN CITIZENS
As per the latest immigration rules by the Omani government, the following are the rules for German passport holders to get an Oman visa:
- German passport holders will need a visa to stay in Oman for more than 14 days
- If the visitors are planning to stay in the country for less than 14 days, they need to provide their German passport that is valid for a minimum of the next six months.
Applying for an Oman visa will be necessary if German citizens are planning to spend more than 14 days in the country, we guess 14 days won't be enough for you to explore this amazing country. So if you want to apply for an Oman visa then the best way would be to do that online, the application process is:
- Visit Oman IE Visa and choose the country you are currently residing in and the country you are a citizen of, which would be Germany in this case.
- After that, you will need to choose the type of visa that best suit your travelling requirements.
- After selecting the visa type you will be guided to the application form where you will need to fill in the required details.
- After filling in the details, upload the necessary documents. Remember there are two classes of documents, one which needs to be submitted during the application and another that can be uploaded once the application is approved.
- Passport with a minimum of six months validity from the date of application
- A coloured and clear photograph
After the Application Is Approved
- Flight bookings ensure the complete round trip to and from Oman
- The proof of accommodation will be hotel bookings if you are planning to stay in a hotel or a local relative/friend's residence proof if you are planning to stay at their place.
Once documents are uploaded click on 'submit and proceed' and then you will be directed to the payments page. There you can pay the necessary fee via PayPal, MasterCard, or Visa.
Once your application is complete you will be assigned an individual application ID, you can use it to track the status of your application
Over the time of the last 5 decades, Germany and Oman have developed great relations with each other. Today the two countries share strong ties not just on the diplomatic and political level, but also in trade, culture, sports, and tourism. As a result more and more Germans are flying to the Gulf country. If German residents plan to spend more than 14 days in the country (which we guess they would as the country has so much to offer), then they will need to apply for an Oman visa.
The most effective and convenient way to apply for an Oman visa is as we have mentioned above.