here is how oman is a heaven for all the islamic art lover
- Author- Vijaya
- Publish Date-
The Sultanate of Oman is another name for the Arabian country of Oman. The mountains that rise up behind it and the beautiful green forests that dot Oman's desert interior are its most notable features. Additionally, it is well recognised for being hospitable. Oman being an Islamic country cherishes and harbours a great deal of Islam culture.
Tourists visiting Oman can get to explore a fair share of Islamic history, culture, tradition and art. It gives them an opening to the culturally rich Islamic world which they find knowledgeable and fascinating. Oman is a must-visit destination for Islamic art lovers. It has numerous architecture and heritage sites that provide a glimpse of Islamic tradition. This article will guide the tourists through different destinations that can provide them with a glimpse of Islamic art and culture along with the tourist visa procedure of Oman.
HISTORICAL PLACES TO WITNESS ISLAMIC ART
Islamic art contains motifs that repeat, such as the arabesque, which is a repetition of stylized, geometrical floral or vegetal designs. The Islamic art is glorified and presented by the architecture of Oman some of them are:
Bahla fort is a great example of a defensive complex designed to let the tribes that were located there during the medieval Islamic era live, develop, and conduct their trade. The 13th century witnessed its construction.
The most popular and well-known landmark and fort in Oman are Nizwa Fort. This fort from the 17th century, unlike its counterpart the Bahla Fort, is not yet a part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Birkat Al Mouz Ruins
The Birkat Al Mouz Ruins should be on your agenda because they are one of the most well-known settlements in ruins in the Sultanate and are the location of the conventional Falaj irrigation system, which is recognised as a UNESCO world historic site.
Al Alam Palace
One of the six royal homes of Sultan Qaboos in Muscat is Al Alam Palace, sometimes referred to as Sultan's Palace and the Sultan Qaboos Palace. The Gulf of Oman may be seen from there.
Taqah castle: The relatively new Taqah castle is a work of art in architecture and one of the most visited castles in Oman. The Castle appears stunning with its surrounding immaculate white-sand beaches since it is located in the lovely fishing village of Taqah (in the district of Dhofar).
One of the best-preserved structures, the battlements at Jabreen Castle are well-known. Imam Bil Arab Bin Sultan erected the fortress around 1675. The castle served as a centre of learning for several disciplines in the past, including astrology, medicine, and Islamic law.
Bilad Sur Castle
The Bilad Sur Castle, regarded as one of Sur's must-see locations, is located in the middle of the Bilad Sur Plain in Oman. Its exquisite architecture makes it one of Wilayat's most imposing bastions.
ACTIVITIES TO PARTICIPATE IN IN OMAN
When in Oman tourists perform a lot of activities with its scintillating culture, diverse topography and unique mix of architecture. Some of the main activities one can perform in Oman are :
- Indulging in the luxury offerings of Oman like the hospitality offered by the Salalah Rotana resort and Masira island resort. The island is perfect for individuals who appreciate nature without sacrificing modern luxury because of the large population of Loggerhead turtles that can be found on the shore.
- Shopping for local handicrafts like local carpets and embroidery gives a glimpse of the Omani culture. The fragrances of frankincense and spices in a honeycomb of markets entice travellers. Then they entice them with gleaming cutlery, daggers, and swords that were all crafted by deft hands using basic tools. Additionally, you may buy pottery and items made of palm leaves here.
- Explore Oman's vibrant coral reefs, secluded greenery, and unique wildlife species. The Sultanate has established various nature reserves and sanctuaries for the wild due to a growing awareness of environmental conservation.
- Discover the colourful coral reefs, remote flora, and distinctive fauna of Oman. A growing awareness of the need for environmental conservation has led to the establishment of numerous natural reserves and wildlife sanctuaries across the Sultanate.
DOCUMENTATIONS FOR OMAN TOURIST VISA
Firstly the traveller to Oman needs to finalize the type of visa they require by visiting the website Oman IE Visa. To get a visa for Oman, certain documents are needed and a proper procedure needs to be followed. The documents required to get a visa for Oman are as follows:
- A bio page scan copy of the passport.
- One passport-size photograph.
- Accommodation or hotel booking details.
- Flight booking details.
- The passport should be valid for a minimum of six months.
- The Passport should have a minimum of four to six blank pages.
VISA APPLICATION PROCEDURE
After getting all the documents in place the passenger should visit the Oman IE Visa and complete the application procedure which is of three steps:
- Enter your citizenship in Oman IE Visa accurately and thoroughly.
- Go through the visa application and fill in the required data.
- Upload whatever document is required for proof or verification purposes.
- Pay the visa application fees
- After payment confirmation, you can track your application
The article gives a proper overview of Islamic culture in Oman. It contains a wide variety of buildings and historical locations that offer a taste of Islamic tradition. This article will direct visitors to several locations where they can catch a glimpse of Islamic art and culture as well as the Oman tourist visa application process.