how to get a residence visa in oman
- Author- Vijaya
- Publish Date-
Oman is a growing country having wonderful opportunities. A lot of people throughout the world visit Oman for career, education, and other opportunities and some of them wish to settle there. An Oman residence visa helps visitors to stay for a longer time than a normal visa.
If you work in Oman or your spouse works there, you can get an easy way to move to that country just by following a few steps requiring you are complying with the norms that have been stated. Just like other countries, Oman has established its norms to grant residency visas. Let us know about it in detail and better understanding of what is needed while applying for a residency visa.
READ ALSO: OMAN DEPENDENT VISA
HOW TO APPLY FOR OMAN VISA ONLINE
There are many platforms through which you can apply for a visa to Oman but to name a specific, you can visit Oman IE Visa and apply. All you have to do is to follow simple steps.
- First, go to the website and select Apply Oman Visa.
- Fill in the country where you live and your citizenship.
- Select the type of Visa.
- Fill out the E visa application form and upload the documents asked.
- Pay the fee through the mediums mentioned there.
- Track the Visa Status
HOW TO GET OMAN RESIDENCE VISA
A residence visa is for all those people who wish to extend their term to an indefinite period or for a long time. It is granted to the family of the foreigner including children who are not more than 21 years. It may be granted to the foreign spouse of an Omani national on his request after giving the proof of their marriage and other relevant information.
- It has to be applied by a local resident.
- The spouse should be in a senior position of job to the GCC standards.
- Getting a monthly salary of minimum RO 600.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR OMAN RESIDENCE VISA
- Two passport-size photographs of the candidate and of their children and family members if needed.
- A copy of the foreigner identification passport is required for an electronic visa (eVisa) of Oman which is valid for up to 6 months.
- The proof of family relationship is a marriage certificate and others as well.
- A duplicate of the candidate’s signature sheet of authorized signatories granted by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, for the private sector.
- The application should be confirmed by someone as per the norms.
- A medical report is to be submitted to check the wellness of travellers.
- Other documents as asked.
READ ALSO: FAMILY JOINING AND FAMILY RESIDENCE VISA
RENEWAL OF RESIDENCY VISA
The renewal of a residency visa can be initiated by an employee working in the public or private sector. The renewal of a visa is important if you have to extend the time limit of your stay and it should be done within the proper time, otherwise one has to pay a fine each day from which his or her visa expires. Here are the steps to process for renewal of a residency visa.
STEPS TO PROCESS A RENEWAL VISA
- Receive the application form and the documents along with it.
- Check the application and its enclosures.
- Check the passport validity.
- Check the residency validity
- Save the application on your PC or any device.
- Put up the residency on the passport.
- Give the passport to the applicant.
Following are the documents required for the renewal of a residence visa:
- The renewal application form
- 2 passport-sized photographs
- Copy of the Ministry of Manpower form for renewing a labourer’s residency
- A duplicate of the labour card of the father if the renewal is needed for the spouse or children.
- A further authorization by the sponsor is optional and can be regarded as special conditions.
READ ALSO: OMAN VISA RENEWAL LAWS
The whole procedure is followed to get a residency visa in Oman. You can visit Oman IE Visa this website to get more information about the residency visa for Oman. It is advised to have knowledge of tracking your visa status and fulfil all the requirements given above.