Visa renewal Oman laws
- Author- Rose Mary
- Publish Date-
Oman has enough travel and business opportunities that visitors oftentimes like to extend and renew their visas. In this article, we are going to tell you all about the visa renewal Oman laws.
If you are already in the country on a tourist or business visa etc. then you can contact a tourist agency like Oman e-visa online. They can help you get a quick and easy renewal for urgent cases.
Oman or the Sultanate of Oman is a country in the Middle East. It is one of the oldest independent states in the region for a very long time.
The country and its architecture is an ode to luxury and beauty at its finest. It houses one of the biggest and most famous commercial centres along its coastline. Tourists can also find some world Heritage Sites during their travels.
If you are in the country as a student or a volunteer or a researcher, then you are in luck as Oman boasts of some of the most sophisticated educational institutions under its belt. It has a booming economy and is the perfect place for you to spend a summer and imbibe its culture and environment.
Additionally, if you are already on a resident visa then it would be best to begin the renewal process of your residency at least 15 days before the expiry.
Read more about the Visa renewal process in Oman as well as the Oman employment visa renewal, in the article below.
READ ALSO: Oman multiple entry visa
What is a renewal?
A valid visa is the most important document that a visitor needs to enter, stay and then ultimately exit a country. If you enter Oman with a visitor’s visa with an intention to stay there for a long time then you will have to get a resident visa.
However, every year or whenever appropriated by the authorities you will have to get a Visa renewal in Oman. Early renewal will allow you to stay in the country for a much longer time. You will have to visit the local embassy to process the renewal.
READ ALSO: How to apply Oman visa
As of now, foreigners living in the country on an Oman visa, need to follow the visa renewal Oman laws to get started with a renewal process, as listed below:
- You need to submit the application for the renewal a minimum of 15 days before the expiry of the visa.
- The authorities hold the right to reject your application for extension without having to provide reasons.
- The visa cannot be renewed online through any travel website or even a government website.
- You need to be in the country and visit the local embassy to go through the visa renewal in Oman.
- Not just the visa, you also need to make sure that the passport is valid for the near future.
- If you stay in the country even after the visa has expired, then you will have to pay a fine of 10 Omani Rials for every day that you overstay. It can also ultimately lead to deportation.
- You will have to pay the fine ultimately at the airport at the time of your exit from the country.
READ ALSO: Oman visa policy
Here is a list of documents you will need for the Visa renewal process in Oman:
- A renewal application form, filled in with all the information.
- Two passport-sized pictures in compliance with the issued guideline.
- Copy of your residency card.
- Proof that you have paid the renewal fees. (i.e. a receipt)
Visitors should consult with a travel agency, before consolidating the documents and applying for renewal at the consulate.
READ ALSO: Guide to Oman e visas
Renewal for Employment visa
To apply for an Employment renewal visa in Oman, your labour permit and the residency visa should have the same expiry date.
In addition to the documents mentioned above, you will also have to submit two other things to get an extension for an employment permit:
- Pictures of your personal passport.
- Ministry of Manpower issued form, required to renew the residency.
- If you are also applying for the renewal for your wife and children then a copy of the labour card.