oman mutual visa exemption agreement application
- Author- abhishek
- Publish Date-
Oman mutual visa exemption agreement is an agreement between Oman and another country that enables a foreign worker to be employed in Oman without applying for a work permit.
What is the visa exemption agreement?
Oman mutual visa exemption agreement is a treaty that simplifies the process of obtaining a visa for Oman and the country you are traveling to. The agreement has been in effect since 1992, but it was not until 2010 that it became available to U.S. citizens.
The Oman mutual visa exemption agreement allows people from countries within the region to travel to other countries without requiring a visa for up to 90 days. In addition, these travelers can also stay in those countries for up to 60 days without obtaining another visa.
Which countries are eligible for Oman's mutual visa exemption agreement?
Oman mutual visa exemption agreement is an agreement between Oman and a foreign country that allows the citizen of Oman to travel to the other country for a specific period without needing a visa.
This particular type of visa allows you to enter another country without applying for a passport or, in some cases, even obtaining one. In most cases, this type of visa will allow you to stay in the other country for as long as you wish, but it is important to note that there are some limitations on how long you can stay in any one place.
Some countries have agreements with more than one other country; this means that if you have an Omani passport, you may be able to travel freely through them without needing their permission.
Oman has signed several Oman mutual visa exemption agreements with other countries, including China, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Singapore, India, and Japan.
READ MORE: OMAN DIFFERENT TOURIST VISA
What is the validity of the Oman mutual visa exemption agreement?
The Oman mutual visa exemption agreement is a type of visa that allows citizens of Oman and their families to travel to the United States without an entry visa. The deal is valid for five years and can be renewed if both countries agree to do so.
The Oman mutual visa exemption agreement is only available for people in Oman on business or employment; those who are visiting for tourism or leisure; and those who are traveling on educational visas. It does not apply to diplomatic and official passports.
People from Oman who have applied for the Oman mutual visa exemption agreement must provide proof of their citizenship when they use it. They may also need proof of employment or business activity for their application to be approved.
What parameters exist for Oman visa exemption?
The Oman Mutual Visa Exemption Agreement, signed in March 2012 and ratified by the Senate on December 12, 2012, is a bilateral agreement between Oman and the United States that serves to exempt Omani citizens from the requirement to obtain a visa before embarking on a trip or transit through U.S. territory or airspace.
In the following section, we discussed some criteria of the Oman mutual visa exemption agreement, such as;
- The criteria of the Oman mutual visa exemption agreement are as follows:
- The applicant must be a citizen of the two countries.
- The candidate must have been a resident of Oman for at least a year.
- The candidate must be under contract with an Oman-registered employer.
- The applicant must have a valid passport and visa to enter Oman.
- The candidate must not have any prior convictions (except traffic violations).
- The applicant must not be involved in terrorism or drug trafficking or have been convicted of such actions by a court of law.
- The parties shall have a mutual visa exemption agreement in force with each other;
- The parties shall be willing to enter into such an agreement with each other.
- The parties shall have an existing relationship of trust and confidence.
- There shall be no national security, public order risks, or other considerations which would make it undesirable for the nationals of one party to enter the territory of the other party under such agreement.
What advantages do Oman visa exemptions offer?
Oman mutual visa exemption agreement is a special arrangement between Oman and Australia that allows nationals of either country to visit each other without a visa.
Under the agreement, both countries agree that they will not impose visa requirements or fees on their citizens who wish to visit each other's country. By the agreement, nationals of both countries are free to stay in the other's country for up to 90 days.
Here are some benefits of the Oman mutual visa exemption agreement as follows;
- Omanis can visit family members in the United States without applying for an online entry visa.
- Omanis can work in the United States without applying for an online entry visa.
- Omanis are exempt from paying fees for their trip to the U.S. after making arrangements with their employer in advance.
- The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination both include Oman as a member (CERD). The UAE ratified CERD in 2001, but Oman has not yet done so.
- Oman has signed agreements with several international organizations, including the International Labor Organization and the United Nations Human Rights Council, in addition to being a member of the GCC.
- Oman has also ratified the Convention Concerning the Prohibition and Imprisonment for Debt and the Abolition of Usury (1929), which prohibits imprisonment for debt and sets a maximum interest rate at 18 percent per annum, from which no excess can be collected. It should be noted that this Convention applies only to loans secured by property or assets; therefore, it does not apply to loans based on commercial paper or other financial instruments that are not guaranteed by real property or assets.
READ MORE: ADVANTAGES OF OMAN VISA
The Oman Mutual Visa Exemption Agreement was an agreement between the governments of Oman and the United States and became effective in December 2014. It simplified the process for Omani citizens to travel and visit the USA without obtaining a non-immigrant visa.
This visa scheme is a mutual visa exemption agreement between many countries and Oman. This means holders of specific nationalities can visit each other's country for up to 90 days without requiring a visa or providing any other form of clearance.