what is oman like for uae residents
- Author- Vijaya
- Publish Date-
Every year thousands of tourists visit Oman to spend some quality time in the gulf country. With one of the best marketplaces in the world and the infusion of traditional and cultural trends in modern society, Oman has emerged as one of the most preferred traveling destinations among explorers worldwide. The country witnesses a huge number of tourists from neighboring countries as well, especially the United Arab Emirates. The two countries share their borders and the residents of UAE visit the country quite often.
The rules and regulations for UAE residents to enter Oman are a little complicated as the requirements change with the type of residents. The ex-pats need to fulfill some additional formalities while the nationals of UAE need to meet only a few basic requirements. So if you are planning a trip to Oman then you should know the rules and regulations to enter.
Just knowing about the legal requirements is not enough if you are planning to visit a country, the UAE residents should know how the locals are going to treat them, the relationship between the two countries, and most importantly what the UAE residents can do in Oman. If you are looking to get informed about all this, then read the complete article
READ ALSO: DRIVING RULES IN OMAN
REQUIREMENTS FOR UAE RESIDENTS TO ENTER OMAN
While discussing the requirements for UAE residents to enter Oman, we need to make one thing clear the United Arab Emirates is home to more than 8 million migrants. Out of the total population of the UAE, only 20% are Emiratis, rest are expatriates who have been residing in the country for many years. So, the residents in the country can be classified as UAE citizens and Immigrants.
FOR UAE CITIZENS
Oman is a part of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) along with the UAE and as per the GCC guidelines, the citizens of the member countries can travel to another GCC country without the need to apply for a visa, just a valid passport of any GCC country is enough.
UAE citizens can travel to Oman with just their valid passports and do not need to apply for a visa.
The expatriates residing in the UAE will need a visa to visit Oman. Around 80% of the UAE's population is immigrants, so it becomes very important for such residents to apply for Oman visas if they plan to visit the country.
The immigrants residing in the UAE need to hold a valid residence permit along with their passports to apply for the visa. The residence permit must be valid for at least six as of the date of applying for the visa.
READ ALSO: ALL ABOUT OMAN VISA IMMIGRATION
RELATIONS BETWEEN OMAN AND UAE
Oman and UAE share a very warm relationship and the citizens of both countries have a deep mutual misunderstanding of the cultures and society of each other, thanks to the common Arabic roots
APPLYING FOR AN OMAN VISA
The UAE residents can apply for an e-visa to get the required entry permit to Oman in the minimum time with the least effort.
UAE RESIDENCE PERMIT & EMIRATES ID CARD
- The immigrants must have a UAE residency permit valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of application.
- Along with the residency permit, the residents need to provide the Emirate ID card issued by the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Ports Security
- Along with the residency permit and Emirates ID card, the applicant needs to provide the passport of the country he/she is a citizen of.
- The passport must have a minimum validity of 6 months as of the date of application
- A minimum of four blank pages should be present in the passport
- A clear and colored photograph highlighting the applicant's facial features
After the application is approved
FLIGHT BOOKING BOTH SIDED
Flight tickets confirming the complete round trip
PROOF OF ACCOMMODATION
- Hotel booking details in case the applicant is planning to reside in a hotel
- If the applicant is planning to stay at the place of a relative/friend, he/she must provide their residency proof along with the valid identity
READ ALSO: THINGS TO PACK BEFORE FLYING TO OMAN
The visa application process for an Oman E Visa is very simple, all you need to do is follow these three simple steps:
- Choose the country you hold citizenship in and choose the United Arab Emirates as the country you are residing in.
- Then choose the type of visa best fitted to the needs of your visit
- Then fill in the details to the best of your knowledge
- Upload the necessary documents(mentioned above)
- Click on the payment button
- After completing the above actions, you will be directed to the payments page
- Pay the necessary fees.
- You can pay via Paypal, Visa, and Mastercard
- After the fee payment, you will be assigned your application ID
- The application ID can be used to track the status of the application
READ ALSO: OMAN TRAVEL GUIDELINES FOR THAILAND CITIZENS
The sands of the desert connect UAE and Oman and the two gulf countries have developed a strong relationship over time. This relationship is also reflected in the trade and tourism of both countries. Oman is an amazing destination not just for UAE residents but for people from around the world.