oman visa requirements
- Author- Rose Mary
- Publish Date-
If you are planning to visit Oman real soon, you should have a clear understanding about the Oman visa requirements. It is best to know all about the visa procedure before you travel, and Oman visa check for your own safety. Please read this article till the end to find out more.
Throughout the years, Oman has attracted tourists with its beautiful scenic places, as well as culture. Often the country is overlooked by the visitors, but the country is a real treat. The post popular destination, by far, is the capital city of Muscat. If you are someone who enjoys deserts and sandy beaches, you would love this country.
OMAN VISA REQUIREMENTS AND VISA POLICY
Every country has several visa requirements. Before you fill out the application form, you should check out if you have all the documents that are required to avail the same. The documents that are required for the different Oman visa types are:
The documents required for availing a tourist visa are mentioned below:
- Passport- your passport that should be at least valid for six months. It should also have minimum three blank pages for stamping purpose. The passport should be submitted in good condition. It should not be damaged or torn.
- Two passport size photographs- the photographs should be clicked with a white background. It is necessary for the applicant to maintain a straight face while clicking the photo and his/her face should cover 80% of the frame. The lighting must be perfect and he/she should not wear any headgear (apart from religious purpose). The ear of the applicant must also be visible clearly.
- Flight bookings: Return flight tickets are a mandatory document. It proves that you will return back to your home country after you are done with your traveling in the country.
- Bank statement- you also need to provide your bank statement for at least the last three months. It acts as a proof that you have sufficient funds in your name so that you can accommodate and take care of yourself as well as any dependent traveling with you financially. One can get a bank statement easily from his/her bank branch.
- Hotel reservation- The hotel reservation details are needed as a proof of accommodation. It provides the immigration department about an idea on the place you will be staying while in the country.
READ ALSO: How to apply Oman visa
BUSINESS VISA OMAN
In order to avail this, all the documents that you need to have are mentioned below:
- Two copies of photographs
- Flight booking
- Hotel reservations
- Invitation letter issued from the company- This is the most important document that you will need for business purpose. The invitation letter should mention the details about your job position, the company details, etc.
This basically is issued when a person wants to meet someone (friend/relative/acquaintance) who is a resident of the country. The documents needed for this purpose are:
- Two copies of passport size photographs
- Flight booking
- Hotel reservation
- Certificate of residence- This is the most important document that needs to be submitted as a proof that you have someone in the country who you are going to visit. The applicant has to provide this document for the resident in the country.
READ ALSO: Travel tips for your 30 day visa to Oman
The people trying to visit the country need to obtain a visa unless and until they come from a country that enjoys the visa on arrival facility. The GCC nations are however exempt from the same. The countries include:
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
Also, the diplomatic passport holders of the following countries can also enjoy this facility:
- South Korea
Currently there is no visa on arrival Oman. The countries that are eligible for the e visa facility need to avail the e visa and enter the country. However, there are kiosks at the airport for those who did not apply for a visa in advance. Currently there are 71 countries that can get this facility.
Oman, in 2020 also allowed entrance of 103 nations without a visa. This new rule was implanted to increase the tourism of the country after the pandemic situation.
Oman also allows the passengers transiting through the country to do so without availing an Oman transit visa. This is applicable only if the passenger has a layover of less than 6 hours and fulfill all the requirements.
There are several reasons why you should visit this magnificent country. We have listed some of the places that you should visit:
- MISFAT AL ABRYEEN: This is a small city in the country that provides a traditional outlook to the country. This is a mountain village that is made up of various stones in the shades of brown and orange. It looks much like the Italian landscapes and is a must visit.
- MASIRAH ISLAND: This Island is located just off the coast. This unique destination is perfect for people traveling with their family and friends. Enjoy the warm beach with the beautiful view of the sunset, and also tons of activities there.
- BAHLA: Located in the northern part of the country lies another beautiful city. It is more like an oasis in the desert. It also has a historical fort. So if you like history, you can visit this spectacular place.
- SALALAH: This is the most famous destination after the city of Muscat. It is popular also because of the fact that it is the ancestral home of Sultan Qaboos. You can visit the Qaboos palace here and indulge yourself into history.
- JEBEL AKHDAR: This literally means Green Mountain. This is the highest point in the country. This is not covered in lush green vegetation but the cool temperature is what attracts the visitors most.
READ ALSO: Oman on a budget trip
Q. How long will my application take to get processed?
After applying, you just have to wait for 4-5 business days. If you are in a hurry, you can opt for an express visa. Oman express visa processing time is just 48 hours.
Q. What if I overstay in the country?
You should not consider overstaying as it will result in a heavy penalty and fine. If you have a plan to stay for some more days you can easily opt for an Oman visa renewal or extension.
With so many places to visit and things to do in this country, you will never get bored. Oman visa requirements and even the application process is made easy through our online service at Oman IE Visa.