Safety regulations and advice for Oman
- Author- Vijaya
- Publish Date-
The starkly interior region of Oman is known to be quite hospitable and is known for the luscious green forests and the mountains just behind it. Some also enter this nation for work, business and diplomatic purposes. The purpose of visits to Oman by the travellers might be different but specific safety advice needs to be followed in each case. Visiting Oman comes with a particular set of rules and regulations which are to be maintained by the travellers for a hassle-free and safe tour to Oman. This article gives a detail-oriented insight into the safety tips to follow in Oman, the rules and regulations of Oman, the Custom and Duties of Oman and the e-visa procedure of Oman.
SAFETY TIPS TO FOLLOW IN OMAN
Oman is a safe country, and most visitors usually spend their vacations without any problems. The Omani government and natives are both consistent and stable, hence political unrest in the country is extremely improbable. Few safety tips to be followed by visitors going to Oman are as follows:
- Be on the lookout for pickpockets, especially at well-known and popular tourist locations like landmarks, intersections, and shopping malls. Keep your belongings nearby and keep expensive items like jewellery and cameras hidden.
- Avoid walking on poor light streets alone at night if you are not familiar with the area.
- Use official taxis only and try not to go hitchhiking.
- Follow the safety advice issued by the government and also keep updated about the latest safety guidelines in the country.
- Respect local laws and customs: Drugs are prohibited in Oman, while profanity and offensive gestures are frowned upon. You can buy alcohol from licensed restaurants, however, consuming alcohol in publicly exposed places is not legal at all. In Oman, you must be more than 21 to consume alcohol.
- Take travel insurance before travelling to Oman as this will be very helpful in case your luggage is stolen or lost or you need any kind of medical assistance.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
There are some rules and regulations of Oman which need to be followed by the tourists visiting the country. They should keep these in mind and try not to break any of them. These rules and regulations are :
- The local laws and regulations of Oman and different from other nations and reflect strongly that Oman is a Muslim country.
- During the month of Ramadan, Muslims fast from dawn till dark. Eating, drinking, smoking, dancing, listening to loud music, and other activities are illegal during Ramadan, especially for non-Muslims.
- The visitors visiting Oman must dress modestly in public areas. The dress should be sober and subtle covering the full length of arms and legs. Wearing tight clothes is also not advisable. You shouldn't show off your swimwear in public, with the exception of public beaches and swimming pools. Transvestism is not accepted.
- Import and use of e-cigarettes or vapes are illegal in Oman. It is a punishable offence to drink alcohol in public. Passengers transiting through Oman if found under the influence of alcohol may be arrested by the officials.
- Making crude gestures and using profanity are regarded as obscene behaviours and are crimes. Excessive public displays of affection are discouraged and could get you in trouble with the law as well.
- Certain governmental and military facilities are off-limits to photography. So take consent before doing anything there.
- Financial offences, such as fraud, returned checks, unpaid debt, and failure to pay expenses (including hotel costs), can result in jail time or a fine.
- Before leaving the country, foreign nationals must settle all unpaid debts and traffic tickets. Fines can be paid for at the airport. You can suffer delays or be unable to exit the country if you haven't paid fines before you go.
- Oman has zero tolerance for drug-related offences. Drug importation, smuggling, trafficking, and possession even of small amounts are all punishable by harsh laws.
READ ALSO: CUSTOM-RELATED RULES AND REGULATIONS IN OMAN
OMANI E-VISA DOCUMENTATIONS
Firstly the traveller to Oman needs to finalize the type of visa they require by visiting the website Oman IE Visa. To get a visa for Oman, certain documents are needed and a proper procedure needs to be followed. The documents required to get a visa for Oman are as follows:
- A bio page scan copy of the passport.
- One passport-size photograph.
- Accommodation or hotel booking details.
- Flight booking details.
- The passport must have a validity of at least six months or more.
- The Passport should have a minimum of four blank pages.
VISA APPLICATION PROCEDURE
After getting all the documents in place the passenger should visit the Oman IE Visa and complete the application procedure which is of three steps:
- Enter your citizenship in Oman IE Visa accurately and thoroughly.
- Oman offers a few different types of visas depending on your needs. Select the preferred one.
- Fill out the visa application form
- Upload the required documents.
- Pay the minimal visa application fee and get a confirmation on your registered email id.
- To obtain your e-visa, utilize the application ID.
Finally, we can conclude that if you are aware of the rules and regulations of Oman and abide by the law, it will be a great experience to roam around Oman. Hopefully, after reading this article you got a clear idea of the safety regulations and duties and customs of Oman. If you wish to apply for an e- Visa to Oman, head over to Oman IE Visa and apply now.